District 13 - ACBL
Stuff for Newcomers
- About the ACBL
- Are you new to duplication bridge? This page from Jan Churchwell briefly summarizes organized bridge in (most of) North America.
- D13 IN Newsletter
- Index for the newsletter for Intermediate/Novice players; lots of stuff
- The Tournament Director and You
If you are a newcomer to bridge, and ready to attend your first tournament,
please read this article from Ron Johnston, a retired former National Tournament Director who used to
direct at tournaments in District 13 (plus nationals and other districts). He is always willing to answer your questions.
- Complaints at Club Games
If you are a newcomer to bridge, and someone at a club made you feel uncomfortable, please read this and TAKE ACTION!
Actually, this applies to EVERYONE! (From a high authority: a former District 13 Director and former ACBL president)
- Some teaching materials from Harriette Buckman
- Jan Churchwell
- a bridge tip for defense that requires careful thinking
Submission for tips for newcomers
- Tips for Newcomers
Help! Not much here. Need some input from those that have been there! If you have around 100-200 or so MP, and have something to say
to those that have around 50 or so, please let me know! Or whatever for other MP examples! Your identity withheld upon request!